TEXAS HASH in the BGE WOK
- 4 slices bacon chopped into small pieces
- 2 large sweet onions diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup Madison Fireplace & Patio Candied Jalapeños (drained) 1 garlic pod diced
- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Tbs dry mustard
- 4 Tbs Dizzy Pig Fajitaish Seasoning
- 2 Tbs black pepper
- 1 Tbs Sea Salt
- 2 cups dry par boiled rice (Uncle Ben’s) 1 box 32 oz beef broth
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- 4 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 jiggers Worcestershire sauce (3 Tbs) Mexican Style shredded cheese
Heat the BGE to 350 degrees. Use the grill expander to hold the Wok.
Place bacon in the Wok and render the fat from the bacon. Add the onions and peppers to cook for 5 minutes. Add the meat and break apart to brown. When browned add the garlic and dry seasonings. Mix thoroughly and then add the rice, broth, tomatoes, and Worcestershire.
Bring the mixture to a slight boil while stirring inside the Wok. Once you reach a constant simmer, close the dome and cook for 20 minutes.
After twenty minutes, use a slotted spoon to transfer to two aluminum high side baking pans (9×11). Cover each pan with cheese and place into your preheated 250 degree kitchen oven.
Cook for twenty minutes to finish cooking and melt the cheese into the Hash.
Serve on a plate with corn chips, a dollop of sour cream, and call some friends for a food party!
TL Stallings, Madison Fireplace & Patio