- 8oz fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 pounds ground chuck (brown in cast iron skillet on grill, drain fat)
- 1 medium vidalia onion
- 4 slices of bacon cut into small pieces to fry
- 1 jar cheezy alfredo sauce
- 1 3/4 ounce packet mushroom gravy mix
- 1 can low sodium beef broth
- olive oil
- Swiss cheese, sliced thinly
- Pizza dough ( 2 cups dry weight)
- Big Green Egg Deep Dish Pizza pan
Mix pizza dough to rise.
Mix the dry gravy mix into a pan with the beef broth. Bring to a boil, wisking to combine ingredients, and reduce heat to simmer. Reduce liquid by 1/3. (about 15 minutes)
Brown the beef in a cast iron skillet on the grill. In your kitchen cook the bacon until crisp and then add the onions. Cook until tender and then add the mushrooms. They will cook down quickly so stay close!
Mix the meat, vegetables, and gravy, together in a large bowl. Season with black pepper only as the broth will add enough salt to the mixture.
Oil the deep dish Pizza pan with olive oil.
Lay your dough ball onto a large piece of aluminum foil and push the dough into a round pizza form which is about two inches larger than the deep dish pan. Now lift the aluminum foil with the dough and flip it over onto the deep dish pan. The dough should overlap on all edges. Push it down into the dish and pinch it in place on the top edge of the pan.
Spread alfredo sauce onto the dough (including the sides). Add the meat mixture and then top with the Swiss cheese. (completely cover the top)
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Enjoy, TL Stallings, Madison Fireplace & Patio