CHICKEN POT PIE
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (smoked and chopped in small chunks)
- 4 slices bacon cut into small pieces
- 2 sweet onions cut into small pieces
- 1 16 ounce bag of sliced carrots
- 1 12 ounce bag of frozen green peas
- 4 cans cream of celery soup
- 2 package frozen deep dish pie crust (there are two pie crust per package) Set the pie crust out on your counter to thaw.
Big Green Egg Citrus & Dill Seasoning
Pre heat your grill to 350 degrees.
Marinate the chicken breast in a cup of Italian dressing for 30 minutes.
Place chicken onto a platter and season with Big Green Egg Citrus & Dill Seasoning.
Place on grill and cook until reaching a just done temperature of 150 degrees. The chicken will finish cooking in the filling mixture.
Remove and cut into small chunks for the filling.
Filling: Use a large stove pot. Place the bacon in the pot and render until crisp.
Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the carrots and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Add the celery soup and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and let simmer while you cook the chicken (about 45 minutes).
Next add the peas and 2 Tbs of the seasoning. An additional Tbs of black pepper will add a little snap to the mixture.
Add the chicken to the mixture and combine.
Fill one pie crust with the filling mixture. Take the other pie crust and invert it over your counter or hand. Carefully remove the pie crust and then use it to cover the filled pie crust. Use your fingers to pinch the edges together. Repeat for the remaining pie.
Place onto the grill and bake indirectly for 40 minutes. Remove and let rest for 15 min.
This dish works well with a slice of Pumpkin Pie with a whipped topping.
TL Stallings, Madison Fireplace & Patio