BLACK BEAN AND BACON QUESADILLA
- 1-15 oz can of black beans (drained)
- 1-16 oz package of shredded Mexican style cheese 1-10 oz can Rotel lime and cilantro
- 6 slices bacon (smoked on grill until crisp)
- 4 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 10 pack of 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 15 oz can Queso Blanco sauce 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro Dizzy Pig fajitaish seasoning
Slow smoke the bacon on the grill at 350 degrees until just crisp.
While the bacon is smoking, place the cheese, beans, and rotel into a pot on your stove and slowly melt the cheese into the other ingredients. (very low simmer)
Add the bacon and cilantro to the mixture and let simmer a few minutes.
In a sauce pan combine the Queso Blanco, enchilada sauce, and cilantro to simmer and melt together.
After removing the bacon from the grill, place your pizza stone on the cooking grid to preheat. 400 degrees is the temperature that we want the pizza stone to obtain.
Place a tortilla onto a cutting board. Coat one half of the tortilla with the black bean & bacon mixture (about 2 heaping tablespoons). Fold over the tortilla. Make three and place them onto the pizza stone. Toast for about 5 minutes and then flip over to toast the other side. Use the toasting time to prepare the next batch of three. Continue until all are made. Use a pizza cutter to slice the Quesadilla into three triangles and then coat the tops with the Queso Blanco Sauce. Sprinkle the tops with the Fajitaish Seasoning.
Use any reserve Queso Sauce as a dip with corn chips. Enjoy,
TL Stallings, Madison Fireplace & Patio